Sunday, January 21, 2007

I've carried a matchbook in my car for five years. It's from a bar called the "Good Luck" where, after two martinis, D. and I first kissed. I don't even notice the matchbook anymore, but yesterday I started snapping shots of it and thinking.



Married life with D. was blessed. Not always bliss, but good living. We were both lucky because we had a real partnership, a good time and enjoyed each other. We operated well in the Ying Yang sense. He focused my talents, I helped him unleash his. He taught me how to think through things and successfully get from A to B (something I could never do). I taught him how to flow freely.

I think I'll always keep that matchbook in my car. It's the key that unlocked a new universe for me. How rare and lucky I've been.

Is the matchbook a lucky charm? Nah. But I think D. and Good Luck will always be linked in my mind.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Memories. They are what make us who we are. As hard as they are, they are just as beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

How was the fondue????