Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I miss you, you miss...me?

I've missed you!

Why are you forsaking your writing duties? I've been asked a million times (in my dream world, I mean, I've been asked).

Here's the breakdown, if you didn't figure it out already, I am no longer living with my husband. I moved out and am figuring out what to do with myself in a artsy fartsy downtown high-ceilinged loft.

Not a bad place to figure out these kinds of things.

Everything about the adoption? On hold. Everything we've discovered about the life of Fizzlita? Rearranged. What I know about this new living arrangement? Abso-frickin'-lutely nothing.

What I can tell you is that the Queen of Spain (no, not any real royalty, this Queen) sent me a link to an article she wrote for the Huffington Post that was published in the Chicago Sun Times, with a PICTURE I TOOK of her and her little girl. Her article and my image? Published smack mutha freakin' dab in the middle of a metropolitian newspaper.

My picture. Published. Taking up two pages of a tabloid newspaper.

I'm in awe. Shocked!

AND. I want to be paid. I mean, a woman needs to be paid, right? Aside from the principles of journalistic integrity. You know. Checking your sources? Giving props where props are due?

Nonetheless, I am thrilled and want that tabloid Chicago Sun Times article that I didn't write hanging in my living room.

For the record, the Chicago Sun Times photo editor told me, "so sorry! We don't know how this happened. We'll pay you the freelancer's rate."

Up in this mug, we take the Fizzle Rate. That's for stealing my picture and not giving me credit. It's a little higher than what they pay stringers. I'm from the industry afterall.

Since we've missed each other, here's a picture of me for you to hang on to. It's of me in my new digs. But let's talk before you send it to the Washington Post, yes?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! You're back! And I had no idea you weren't living with your husband...where did I miss this?! And...THOSE LEGS!!

Keep a sistah informed, will ya??

Oh, and I saw that picture of Erin! How wonderful for you! Charge 'em an ASSLOAD! hehe!

emloberg said...

Wha??? I'm shocked. You must keep the girls informed of these developments, no?

Hope you're doing okay.

Erin said...

Wha??? is right. Wow, your life has changed in many a-way, hasn't it? I hope that you're happy with all of the changes.

How goes the Ironman training?

Dawn said...

Holy shit...I missed you. So sorry that you and rocks have hit the skids. Is it a "temporary/trial" separation or more permanent? I'm sorry nonetheless. My hubby's cousin is living in new lofts in downtown LA is that where yours is?

Congrats on the pic, sorry it was uncredited...that totally sucks. Are you still working for the ad firm or are you both professionally and personally in flux?

Your legs look great. I am jealous, love the shoes. Are you still doing the tour de palm springs? Hoping to see you there. I haven't been able to train much with our crappy midwest weather so I will more than likely be watching you from far behind you.

Glad you are back and I hope you find your bliss.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I had no idea.

Also - when I saw that picture I was wondering if you got the credit. I asked Erin how they got the picture even (since I was standing right there and remember you taking it).

Anyway, it's a great picture, sorry again about the split up, and I'm glad you are back.

zunzun said...

first things first 'cause my priorities are ALWAYS screwed up: yummy legs..I mean shoes...no, I mean legs...I got leg envy! Shoe envy too!

On to more important things....good grief! I'm sorry to hear your life has been held undully long on the scary part of the roller-coaster...I'm hoping things settle for you (either way...reunited or not) soon...stay strong..."this too shall pass"

ZestyJenny said...

Wow! So many changes for you.

I'm hungry for more details.

I hope you are well!

Girl con Queso said...

You're back! I've missed you. As a former downtown loft liver, I found that lofts are great for sorting it out. And I agree with Angela,I have major leg and shoe envy.