Monday, January 22, 2007

Today was a day like no other. I lost my car keys right before an important client meeting, I missed project deadlines, every product I'm working on simultaneously combusted, the dog peed on my duvet and sheets and I didn't drink one lick of water.

I decided to not let stress get the best of me, but employ something the Dalai Lama must've at one point in his existence (this one or any of them) said about the virtue of patience and kindess as an approach to overcome angst and turmoil.

Plus, I have this big ol' Jesus Saves marquee outside my living room window. That must mean something, right?



The blurry red signs is that one that touts "Jesus Saves". It's rather picturesque, I just need a zoom lens to capture it.

All I can say is that for the pieces going awry, enough is counterbalancing it for me to appreciate all that's right with the world.

11 comments:

Girl con Queso said...

Your own room with a Jesus Saves view is its own kind of blessing.

Unknown said...

Oh, how I have missed you. I'm impressed - no, wait - I envy your level of zen. The grossly obvious pile of shit between my mother and I finally hit an industrial-sized fan. There will many a blog about it once I get to England...only four more days...

Glad to have you back!

Debbie said...

you're lovely, you know that?

I mean, but smashing.

also: how are you? I wish I knew you were good, but I also realize that life doesn't handle shit like that. and instead, I just wish for you to be finding your way, and feeling good about that route as you traverse it.

Avery said...

you still alive???? the blogoshpere seems lonely right now

Erin said...

Just hoping everything is going OK--it's been a very long time since we've heard from you!

ZestyJenny said...

Hows it goin, fizz?

Thinking of you, hoping you're well.

Dawn said...

Fizz where are you? I hope all is well. Miss you.

Dawn said...

Fizz where are you? I hope all is well. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

HEY FIZZLE,

I was just thinking of you. We all miss you!! Do you have a secret blog somewhere no one knows about???
Oh, and I have news. This time next month I will be all packed and ready to go to Ethiopia to pick up our son!!!
Anyways, let us know how you are!

Jose Vilson said...

beautiful picture nonetheless. I'm new around your blog, so give me some time to make a meaningful comment. Didn't want to just be a lurker. Peace.

Anonymous said...

dude, hang in there. re-surfacing is a good thing!